Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
- 2/3 cup almond butter you could also use peanut butter which is cheaper, or sunflower seed butter, if you have nut allergies
- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey raw is best
- 2 cup oats gluten-free if desired
- 2 cups total of any add-ins you'd like such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate bits, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. I use my large 4-cup measuring cup and just dump in ingredients until it's at 2 cups.
- Mix almond butter, coconut oil and honey together in a small pot and warm until everything is melted. Stir together.
- Add oats. Add the rest and stir until well combined. (If using chocolate chips be sure to cool the honey mixture completely before adding the extras or else the chocolate chips will all melt).
- Press into an 9x13 pan and refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars, wrap individually, and store in the fridge.
Thanks for visiting Red & Honey! Please take a second to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter! You can also subscribe via RSS or have posts delivered to your inbox by entering your email into the box in the sidebar.
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- Why I Stopped Using Coconut Oil as a Skin Moisturizer - May 16, 2019
- Sausage and Spinach Frittata Recipe (Keto, Gluten-Free) - May 3, 2019
- Sweet And Sour Lentils (Gluten-Free, Naturally-Sweetened) - April 18, 2019