Air-popped popcorn is a healthy snack in moderation. It’s a grain (which we minimize in our house), but when drenched in butter and real sea salt it can be made a little healthier, and it can help satisfy those munchy cravings that so many of us get. At our house we love regular air-popped corn with lots of salt and butter, but this recipe kicks it up a notch with the sweet and salty combo, and really seems indulgent. The ingredients are pretty awesome though – coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats out there, and maple syrup is an excellent choice of sweetener. Real sea salt is totally good for you as well, as long as your diet is not over-saturated with processed junk containing refined sodium.
Make this kettle corn after the kids are in bed and enjoy!
Homemade Stove-Top Kettle Corn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- coconut oil enough to cover the bottom of the pot
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- real sea salt
- Heat oil in pan on medium, add a couple of kernels.
- When they start to pop, add the rest of the kernels.
- Keep the pot moving (actual vigorous shaking back on forth over the burner) so they don't burn.
- As soon as those kernels start to pop, add the maple syrup and shake it all in.
- When the kernels are all popped, dump the popcorn out into a bowl, add salt, and stir it up.
- Make sure to sneak a few handfuls before serving, 'cuz this stuff doesn't last long!
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- Easy 30-Minute Upcycled Baby Sweater Pants - August 6, 2019
- Ten-Minute Homemade Strawberry Jam (Honey-Sweetened) in the Instant Pot - August 1, 2019
- 75+ Healthy Cold Drink Recipes (No Refined Sugar!) - July 24, 2019