It’s late November, and the busy holiday season is underway! During the holidays it can be tempting to skip out on your weekly meal planning sessions because you feel crunched for time. Don’t do it!
Meal planning saves SO much mental energy. Since my mind is currently running crazy with a million to-do’s, being consistent with my meal planning is totally saving my sanity right now.
As I’ve been working on this habit over the last four weeks, I’ve discovered one of my weak spots. I’m great at planning crockpot dinners on busy nights, but I’m not great at actually getting said crockpot meal put together the night before so that it can go ahead and cook all day. Then, partway through the day when I realize my mistake, I often end up resorting to my back-up meal. Not ideal!
So, I’m going to schedule out a big freezer cooking day in the next week or two. I’ll be focusing on meals that can be dumped into the crockpot, straight from the freezer. They’re sometimes called just “crockpot freezer meals”, and sometimes “dump meals”. Either way – they’re pretty genius. And they’ll allow me to plan crockpot meals without worrying if I’ll be too tired or busy to prep them the night before.
With the end-of-the-year chaos getting into full swing, I thought you might like to include a few of these in your repertoire as well. Here are twelve I plan to try that sound delish!
12 Nourishing Freezer Crockpot Meals (Gluten-Free, or easily adaptable)
- Honey Chicken with Quinoa | I Heart Naptime
- Aunt Beulah’s Saucy Chicken | Red & Honey
- Slow Cooker Orange Shredded Beef | New Leaf Wellness
- Goulash | Once a Month Meals
- Cilantro Lime Chicken (plus 9 more in the same post!) | Ashley Noel Barnes
- Amazing Irish Beef Stew | Red & Honey (not specifically written as a freezer meal, but should work fine!)
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers | Once a Month Meals
- Chickpea and Potato Curry | The Pretty Bee
- Pork Chops with Apple and Sweet Potato | 5 Dollar Dinners (I’d use honey instead of brown sugar)
- Tuscan Chicken Stew | Once a Month Meals
- Cuban Black Beans | Frugal Family Favorites
- Chicken Fajitas | The Humbled Homemaker
Side note: If you haven’t signed up for our free meal planning challenge yet, you can jump in anytime. It includes weekly emails, a Facebook group, and the kick in the pants you know you need. Sign up here:
Our Meal Plan: Week 5
Lunch: Crackers and cheese, baby carrots, hummus
Dinner: Out at our friends’ house for a birthday dinner
Lunch: Boiled eggs, oranges
Dinner: Cheesey-Mexi Lentil Macaroni (didn’t get to it the last time I planned it, so trying again this week!)
Dinner: Crockpot chicken with mashed potatoes and peas, gravy
Dinner: Amazing Irish Beef Stew (this is a recipe from waaay back in my archives. I knew nothing about blogging back then, but the stew is to die for!)
Dinner: Flatbread pizza (perfecting a gluten-free flatbread recipe – my kids raved about it last week!)
Lunch: Packed lunches at the dance studio
Dinner: Slow cooker coconut cashew chicken
Dinner: Tuna steaks, rice, salad
Do you include freezer-to-crockpot meals in your regular rotation? Share your favourites!
I'm Beth. I created Red & Honey because I'm obsessed with the wild art of wellness.
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- Natural Remedies for Pregnancy Heartburn (Including My Unexpected Favourite!) - September 8, 2017
- 19 Easy (Real Food) Instant Pot Recipes for Hesitant Beginners - July 26, 2017
- How to Cook a Frozen Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot - July 17, 2017