It’s late November, and the busy holiday season is underway! During the holidays it can be tempting to skip out on your weekly meal planning sessions because you feel crunched for time. Don’t do it!
Meal planning saves SO much mental energy. Since my mind is currently running crazy with a million to-do’s, being consistent with my meal planning is totally saving my sanity right now.
As I’ve been working on this habit over the last four weeks, I’ve discovered one of my weak spots. I’m great at planning crockpot dinners on busy nights, but I’m not great at actually getting said crockpot meal put together the night before so that it can go ahead and cook all day. Then, partway through the day when I realize my mistake, I often end up resorting to my back-up meal. Not ideal!
So, I’m going to schedule out a big freezer cooking day in the next week or two. I’ll be focusing on meals that can be dumped into the crockpot, straight from the freezer. They’re sometimes called just “crockpot freezer meals”, and sometimes “dump meals”. Either way – they’re pretty genius. And they’ll allow me to plan crockpot meals without worrying if I’ll be too tired or busy to prep them the night before.
With the end-of-the-year chaos getting into full swing, I thought you might like to include a few of these in your repertoire as well. Here are twelve I plan to try that sound delish!
15 Nourishing Freezer Crockpot Meals (Gluten-Free, or easily adaptable)
- Honey Chicken with Quinoa | I Heart Naptime
- Aunt Beulah’s Saucy Chicken | Red & Honey
- Slow Cooker Orange Shredded Beef | The Family Freezer
- Goulash | Once a Month Meals
- Cilantro Lime Chicken (plus 9 more in the same post!) | Ashley Noel Barnes
- Turkey Black Bean Chili | The Family Freezer
- Amazing Irish Beef Stew | Red & Honey (not specifically written as a freezer meal, but should work fine!)
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers | Once a Month Meals
- Chickpea and Potato Curry | The Pretty Bee
- Garlic Mint Pork Loin | The Family Freezer
- Pork Chops with Apple and Sweet Potato | 5 Dollar Dinners (I’d use honey instead of brown sugar)
- Tuscan Chicken Stew | Once a Month Meals
- Cuban Black Beans | Frugal Family Favorites
- Chicken Fajitas | The Humbled Homemaker
- Chicken Teriyaki | Thirty Handmade Days
Our Meal Plan: Week 5
Lunch: Crackers and cheese, baby carrots, hummus
Dinner: Out at our friends’ house for a birthday dinner
Lunch: Boiled eggs, oranges
Dinner: Cheesey-Mexi Lentil Macaroni (didn’t get to it the last time I planned it, so trying again this week!)
Dinner: Crockpot chicken with mashed potatoes and peas, gravy
Dinner: Amazing Irish Beef Stew (this is a recipe from waaay back in my archives. I knew nothing about blogging back then, but the stew is to die for!)
Dinner: Flatbread pizza (perfecting a gluten-free flatbread recipe – my kids raved about it last week!)
Lunch: Packed lunches at the dance studio
Dinner: Slow cooker coconut cashew chicken
Dinner: Tuna steaks, rice, salad
Do you include freezer-to-crockpot meals in your regular rotation? Share your favourites!
Related: Quick Healthy Meals Ultimate Guide (101 Tips, Recipes, and Strategies)
Ultimate Bundles Healthy Meal Planning Bundle
Is healthy eating is important to you and your family? If you want to eat well, but you’re overwhelmed with decision fatigue and the busyness of everyday life then the Healthy Meal Planning Bundle is for you!
This amazing collection of e-cookbooks and bonus resources (all indexed and organized to suit your dietary needs!) will help you to simplify mealtimes and help you eat better.
This bundle has:
- Over 1000 tried and tested recipes, categorized to help you find what you need
- 38 meal plans that have been made for you to choose from
- 14 cookbooks
- Meal planning resources
- Healthy eating resources
- Nutritional information on every recipe
- Each recipe is indexed by dietary needs & health goals (including gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, wheat-free, keto, paleo, vegetarian and more!)
- It integrates with the Real Plan app
- And, is backed by Ultimate Bundles 30-Day Happiness Guarantee!
If you want easy plans & recipes to help you plan and achieve your healthiest year of meals then head here to grab your Healthy Meal Planning Bundle and get started today!
I love Plan to Eat and have been using it for a year! What I am trying this month is adding all the freezer recipes I want to make in one day to a specific tag (“Saturday ” for example). Then I can “schedule” those for one day and print my shopping list for that particular day so I have all the ingredients in one list instead of 12 separate recipes with 12 separate ingredient lists 🙂