Post by contributor Christie Warren of Fruitful Fellowship
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
- Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
Avocados have more potassium than bananas, are high in heart-healthy fats and anti-oxidants, have a good dose of fiber, and are helpful for increasing the amount of nutrients your body can use in other foods.
Not only are they super healthy, but they make other foods even healthier for your body, too!
They’re also linked to lowering inflammation in the body (and have been linked to decreasing symptoms of arthritis. source.)
So given all of the major health benefits of this delicious little superfood, I thought I’d put together a little list of some of the easiest things to do with avocados.
1. The classic guacamole
2. A soup topping
3. Sandwich filler
4. With breakfast
5. Salad. duh.
How do you eat your avocado?
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- An Honest Review of Norwex Cleaning Supplies: Too Good to be True? - June 29, 2019
- Homemade Lemonade Sweetened with Honey (Paleo, Keto-Friendly) - June 21, 2019
- Best Gift Ideas for Dads (for Health-Conscious Men) - June 11, 2019