- 19 Easy (Real Food) Instant Pot Recipes for Hesitant Beginners
- 4 Things I Learned About My Instant Pot in the First 6 Months
Instant Pot Hummus (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups dried chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 5 cups water
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup tahini
- juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons real salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place dried chickpeas and water in the instant pot, and set on manual mode for 40 minutes with NPR (natural pressure release).
- When chickpeas are finished cooking and depressurizing, remove lid from instant pot. Do NOT drain.
- Add cooked chickpeas to a high-powered blender (I have a vitamix) with the rest of the ingredients, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add extra water or EVOO one tablespoon at a time if mixture is too thick to blend.
- Serve with veggies or chips, and enjoy!
It also freezes fine for up to a couple of months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and stir in a small drizzle of olive oil if it has dried out at all.