I partnered with Friendship Dairies today to bring you this awesome smoothie recipe.
I don’t think you can go wrong with a purple smoothie. The vibrant colors of this smoothie are second-best only to the flavor!
You all know that I’m a serious fan of simple, easy, real food options. But they need to taste good, too. This is a healthy smoothie that tastes like cheesecake.
I thought about gussying it up some more, but decided to leave it unabashedly simple. Sometimes we overcomplicate recipes in an attempt to make ‘em fancy, when in reality they are total rock stars on their own.
However… I am still a real foodie, so I decided to up the nutritional punch of this recipe by using Friendship Dairies cottage cheese because it’s a great source of protein – 15 grams per serving.
Since my kids seem to have perpetually hollow legs, and we’re trying to stay within our frugal grocery budget, I love inexpensive ways to add protein to a snack to help it “stick to their ribs”, as my Nana would say. I also added hemp hearts (this is the brand I use) for the same reason – they are awesomely full of protein and healthy fats.
All in all, this is a totally simple smoothie that offers a nutritional punch that I can feel good about serving to my kids. Plus they think it’s a special treat, so I win gold stars every time I make it.
Blueberry Cheesecake Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of hemp heart powder optional or 1.5 tablespoons hemp hearts
- Water to thin to desired consistency not too much
- Blend in a high-powered blender, and enjoy!
Friendship Dairies’ original superfood cottage cheese is high in protein (nearly double what’s in cream cheese) and just so happens to be one of my personal faves.
Try the Friendship Dairies Superfood Generator to see what awesome cottage cheese creations you can come up with, and share your genius ideas in the comments below!
Disclosure: this post was sponsored by Friendship Dairies. #sponsored #originalsuperfood
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- 100+ Free Printables for Home & Health (Calendars, Habit Trackers, Wall Art and more!) - January 7, 2019
- The Budgeting System That (Truly) Changed My Life - October 16, 2018
- The Stress-Free Approach to Baby-Led Weaning - September 25, 2018