I like to party.
And by ‘party’, I mean eat amazing salads while binge-watching The Good Wife on the couch with hubs.
If you’re new around here, you should know that I get unreasonably excited by good food, and salads are my nirvana. I don’t get to make them nearly often enough, so I’ve compiled a list of inspiration. (Like the cool kids do.)
I know, it’s probably more hip to talk about your dessert obsession. And I have a sweet tooth somewhere in there, too. But in my weird little brain, food actually tastes better when I know that it’s also super healthy. (Except for fermented cod liver oil. Nothing can trick my brain into enjoying that.)
Homemade salads with an array of tasty, diverse ingredients and blow-your-mind dressings from scratch? Just… sheer perfection.
Also, salads are one of my favourite things to make and take to parties (um, the real kind – with other people, out of the house…) Because when you volunteer to bring the salad, you aren’t left with last year’s iceberg lettuce and rancid soybean oil on top. And that is a very good thing.
I also need to buckle down on my eating habits in order to address my adrenal fatigue, and there’s no more delicious way than the list below.
So, in honour of my salad obsession, I give you:
30 Healthy Potluck Salads
1. Bacon, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad | Back To The Book Nutrition (photo credit)
2. Spanish-Inspired Chorizo, Calamari, and Halloumi Salad Recipe | Keeper of the Kitchen
3. Egg & Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe | Keeper of the Kitchen
4. Kale & Parmesan Summer Salad | Keeper of the Kitchen
5. Great Summer Chicken Caesar Salad | Keeper of the Kitchen
6. Tropical Fruit Salad | It’s a Love/Love Thing (photo credit)
7. Classic Homemade Potato Salad | Kitchen Stewardship
8. Black Bean and Avocado Salad | Kitchen Stewardship
9. Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Avocado | Oh Snap! Let’s Eat! (photo credit)
10. Instant Pot Potato Salad with Magical Bacon Superpowers | Red & Honey
11. Real Food Summer Picnic Series: Coleslaw: Grain Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free Option | Raising Generation Nourished
12. Spring Coleslaw | Raising Generation Nourished
13. Real Food Summer Picnic Series: Pasta Salad: Grain, Egg, Nut, Dairy Free | Raising Generation Nourished (photo credit)
14. Fennel and Orange Salad | And Here We Are
15. Spanish Tuna Salad with Roasted Red Peppers | And Here We Are
16. Zesty Italian Cucumber Tomato Salad | Red & Honey
17. Zesty Pasta Salad | Cultured Palate
18. Zesty Quinoa Salad | Cultured Palate
19. Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad | Life Currents
20. Balsamic Cucumber Salad | Simply Healthy Home
21. Tomato, Bacon, and Corn Salad + Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette | Back To The Book Nutrition (photo credit)
22. Brussels Sprouts Salad and Warm Bacon Dressing | Back To The Book Nutrition
23. Perfect Potato Salad With Bacon, Shallot, and Chives | Back To The Book Nutrition
24. Best Summer Slaw (Kale, Brussels, Apples, & Almonds) | Back To The Book Nutrition
25. Zesty Italian Cucumber Salad | A Harmony Healing
26. Summer Fresh Salad | A Harmony Healing (photo credit)
27. Bacon n’ Egg Salad With Probiotic Avocado Dressing |Almost Bananas
28. Asian Cucumber and Radish Salad With Wasabi | Almost Bananas
29. Late Summer Loaded Veggie Salad | Red & Honey
30. Thai Mango Salad with a Cashew Ginger Dressing | Red & Honey
Your salads sound lovely and I’m going to try some soon. But at the moment I have promised to make a salad for christmas and I’d love to take one that suits vegetarians but that everyone will like and think is a bit different and interesting. Bonus points for including kohlrabi! Do you have any ideas?
Fantastic! I’m always looking for new salad inspirations to vary from our normal mixed green and avocado salads (with an amazing homemade dressing, of course 😉 ).
Lovely roundup, thank you for including some of my recipes here 🙂
I envy your lack of sweet tooth…but I’m with you on getting giddy over big, fun salads. I love this great list, and especially like the sound of Renee’s pasta salad and your Thai Mango Salad! (Thanks for including a few of my recipes here too!)