These were an accident.
And, based on how off the hook delish they turned out – I should probably go grab a lottery ticket, stat. These are amazing, people. UHHHmazing.
I went into the kitchen imagining pancakes. Then these just kinda happened. These are not pancakes – they are rainbows and sunshine and tastebud heaven.
We do not identify as paleo in our family, but we are gluten-free (kids are 100%, parents are… working on it). We tend to eat less grains than the average North American (which is not at all difficult considering how wheat-obsessed they are). There is much crossover between grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, etc, especially with recipes like these.
This is the simplest recipe, really… there’s nothing more I can say. Just… trust me. Go forth and make these. No refined sugar. No grains or flour of any kind. No guilt. Just decadence.
*affiliate links are included in this post. Thanks for supporting R&H!
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat cast-iron frying pan to medium heat with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour a small amount (1/4 cup or so) of the batter into the hot pan.
- When it lifts easily (just a minute or so), flip and cook the other side.
- Use desired fillings and toppings, and serve!
Pin this to save for later. You’re gonna wanna keep it handy 😉