By contributing writer, Alexandra Maul
Hey, friends! Instead of a recipe this month, I thought I’d share some tips that I use to sneak in more fruit and veggie servings each day.
Although I’m a big fan of getting back to basics eating-wise at any time of the year, January is a great time for new habits. We all seem to have “fresh new start” on the brain. Maybe it’s all the cookies we ate over the holidays, or the ubiquitous messages of detox, cleanse, and “new year, new you”…
10 Tips for Sneaking More Fruits and Veggies into Your Day
- Add berries, bananas, or diced apples to your yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes or breakfast of choice – try a Breakfast Berry Powerbowl
- Mix chopped veggies into your omelet or frittata – the more colorful, the better
- Blend some spinach into your waffle or pancake mix – it will turn them slightly green, but it’s very mild, I’ve even gotten my husband to ask for these
- Make pumpkin or sweet potato pancakes or add squash to your mug cakes
- Add a side of sauteed greens to your eggs
- Throw some peppers, mushrooms, or other veggies into your potato hash
- Warm up a creamy squash porridge and top it with warmed sliced pear and maple syrup
- Enjoy a homemade green smoothie or juice
- Chopped mushrooms, peppers, and eggplant go perfectly in a thick chili
- Veggie soups are obviously full of the good stuff
- Throw chopped kale or chard into soups during the last 20 – 30 minutes of cooking for some tender greens
- Top your soups with cubed avocado or fresh chopped herbs
What are your favorite ways to increase your fruit and vegetable servings each day?
When we feel whole, balanced, and healthy, we radiate from the inside out. We are all made to glow!
Latest posts by Alexandra Maul (see all)
- 8 Things I Learned from the First Half of My Pregnancy - June 13, 2016
- 20 Ways to Ditch Toxic Chemicals From Your Life - May 2, 2016
- 15 Easy Clean-Eating Snacks (Paleo, Real Food) - March 16, 2016