Homemade Taco Seasoning
Delicious taco seasoning without any of the junk!
Prep Time4 mins
Total Time4 mins
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 4 teaspoons salt real sea salt is best
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika try smoked paprika for a slightly different taste!
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili flakes OPTIONAL, if you like it spicy!
Shelf life of this seasoning is the same as the shelf life of the spices that you used! My mom has spices in her cupboard from 2007, but I know some people replace theirs every six months! Make your own call on this one.
Also of note: I use approximately 3 tablespoons per pound of ground beef, but you should adjust this to your own tastes! Start with 1 or 2, and add more as desired.
Try it also in other meats, like pork or chicken, and you can even use it for flavouring beans or lentils!
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 9413mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3655IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 11.4mg