Welcome to the very first Sunday Night Soups at Red+Honey!
I am so excited to kick off this new regular feature here at R+H. To celebrate the launch and help get the word out, I’m giving away a $25 Amazon gift card to one lucky reader. Enter below for a chance to win.
What in the world is a link party? Allow me to explain…
- Every other Sunday here at Red+Honey there will be a new SNS post, containing a link-up. Link-ups will remain open for two weeks until a new one starts.
- You can link up old or new posts, and as many as you want. You can recycle recipes every few months or so, but don’t share the same thing over and over every time.
- Each time a new SNS goes live it will highlight a few of the recipes from the previous round. Link up your best stuff for a chance to get in the spotlight!
Why a Soup Link-up? I’m a soup lover, baby! Here are 5 reasons why:
1. So much variety!
I was thoroughly shocked when I first heard someone say that they didn’t like soup. It blew my mind. How can you not like soup?? Soups and stews come in endless variations and styles – I believe there’s a soup recipe out there for absolutely everyone. Crazy-Good Chili, Classic Chicken Noodle, Turkey Stew, Taco Soup, and Irish Beef Stew are among my all-time faves, and my family loves them too.
2. Super-duper nourishing
Soup made with homemade bone broth is like the epitome of comfort food, and it’s incredibly nourishing (even medicinal) to boot!
I made 8 quarts of turkey and rice stew last night with some of my turkey broth leftover from our Thanksgiving dinner last weekend, which I made from the carcass that most people would have tossed in the garbage, and picked every last bit of meat off. I added some rice, a few veggies, some seasonings, and voila – several meals worth of soup for just a few dollars! Soup is unbeatably frugal.
4. Easy real food
Soup is basically so easy that anyone – with cooking experience or not – could make it and it would turn out amazing 99% of the time. With a basic formula of broth, seasonings, proteins and veggies, and other add-ins, you can easily make soup like a pro.
5. Batch cooking rocks my socks
I always say that my favorite meal is leftovers, because I get to enjoy a homecooked meal without all the work that went into it just prior! The day after I host a turkey dinner is my favorite day of the year.
Do you love soup too? Do you love creating soup recipes? Do you like making soup? If you answered yes to any of these, you’re in the right place. Link up your soup recipes below, and enjoy!
BONUS: A launch week giveaway!
Before we get to the links, I want to offer this little giveaway as a celebration of our SNS launch week. I am giving away a $25 Amazon gift card to one lucky winner. There are a couple options for entering (linking up is not required – everyone can enter!) so check the rafflecopter below, and then hop on down to the links!
Disclosure: this giveaway isn’t sponsored by anyone (including amazon). I am paying for the gift card out of my own pocket. Because I’m awesome, and so are you! Also, I have not vetted all of the links shared here, so use your real food discretion to find recipes that are right for you!
It’s link time! Here are the guidelines for participating:
- Link to the post itself, not your homepage.
- We appreciate if you would include a link back to this post in your own post. Posts without a link to here are not eligible to be featured in the next SNS.
- Share the love! Share this post on your social media, and grab a button below if you’d like to include it in your post (just copy the code in the box, and paste it into your editor mode on your blog post.)
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- 100+ Free Printables for Home & Health (Calendars, Habit Trackers, Wall Art and more!) - January 7, 2019
- The Budgeting System That (Truly) Changed My Life - October 16, 2018
- The Stress-Free Approach to Baby-Led Weaning - September 25, 2018