These days are chaotic.
(So we did the responsible thing and went to Banff for two days).
We (me + the 3 kids, and my mother-in-law) fly out on Monday. I actually have to say good-bye to Tiny Town. I think I’m somewhat in denial.
Honey (and his Dad) will begin driving on Wednesday, after loading the trailer and cleaning and emptying the house.
It should take about 5 days to drive, and about a day after he arrives in The City, we hit the road again, driving to the East Coast for my cousin’s wedding (I’m a bridesmaid).
On the agenda for the next 4 days?
- get a tune-up for the van, fix the breaks, fix the steering wheel shimmy
- get a hitch and engine cooler installed (must be done in the city)
- cancel town fees
- visit insurance office here in town
- have a birthday party tomorrow morning for my soon-to-be-four boy
- have a yard sale on Saturday
- say good-bye to friends
- chris flies the citabria for the first time as an instructor
- chris packs up his desk at work and says good-bye
- finish selling stuff on swap-n-buy
- sort through and pack the rest of the house (lots left)
- pack for me and the kids for a week while Daddy is driving across the country with our stuff
- plan snacks and activities for the airplane ride
- last dinner at the tea house on sunday
- the daily needs of a newborn, 2-year-old, and 4-year-old, and the usual household stuff!
- remember to breathe. remember to breathe. eat something. and remember to breathe…
- helping the older two through a ton of transition (Isaac wanting to fall asleep in Mommy & Daddy’s bed, beside Canaan… Aliza using a soother like Canaan, even though she just chews on it because she hasn’t had one since she was 3 months old)
So, uh… as you may have noticed (or maybe not, I do realize that your world *probably* doesn’t revolve around my blog), I’ve been a little scarce around here lately.
Our tiny one is now 7 weeks old (holy moly!), so there’s that. And then the whole cross-country move and all. And yeah. I’m stretched about as thin as I possibly could be right now, and just can’t seem to find any moments for blogging. It sucks, because this is my outlet. My stress-relief. My leisure. My work. But alas, it’ll just have to wait. Family comes first, right?
Give me a few weeks while the dust settles, and I shall be back. I have tons of ideas of stuff to write about that I think you’ll love, so I’d love it if you’d stick around.
Thanks for understanding, friends!