I couldn’t think of anything non-lame to call this post. Most posts like this that I’ve seen are called “housekeeping” or some such thing, but I just wasn’t feeling it. And, I wanted you to read it, hence the rainbows, etc.
:: Thus, I Give You … Stuff-That-Actually-Has-Nothing-To-Do-With-Unicorns-But-Might-Be-Mildly-Interesting-Anyway ::
1. Broken links, etc. My dear sweet cousin (who just got engaged! woohoo!) pointed out that my categories button thingies aren’t working. I sorta somewhat knew that already… and was kinda just counting on no one actually clicking on them. In retrospect, that was a bad assumption. So, please accept my humblest apologies. This leads me to number two on my list..
2. I’ve been keeping this a sorta-secret for almost a year now. I started to save my pennies last year for something big, and I decided in the summer that I was going to save for a professional blog designer to give this site a makeover. I finally saved enough money and contacted the awesomest design company in existence last August, and got things rolling. There have been some major “glitches” and setbacks along the way, and my project has been significantly delayed. I am currently being matched with a new designer (same company) and look forward to launching the new design in a few weeks (I hope!).
3. When my new design launches, I will be interested in taking on some sponsored ads on my sidebar. Since I’m pretty small still (a couple hundred subscribers and growing, in case you’re interested) I will be charging the bare minimum fee of $5/month to start.
4. Lastly, I am going to start a weekly link carnival here at Red & Honey every Monday, called “Make It Happen Mondays”. Each Monday I will be posting about something that I’ve been meaning to get around to doing, and commit to working on it for no less than 30 minutes that day. If you’re anything like me you have a mental list (or on paper/computer if you’re more organized than me) a mile long of things you keep meaning to do but just procrastinate on. Big things, small things, whatever. Off the top of my head, I have the following: 1) write a letter to our sponsored child 2) work on my current crochet project 3) make homemade crackers 4) clean out my inbox 5) try out the prenatal exercise video that a friend loaned me 6) organize my bedroom closet 7) take some photos of the things I want to sell in the local swap ‘n buy group. So yeah, I could use some accountability and motivation to get ‘er done. I’m hoping that you will join in by doing a post of your own and linking up here each Monday. I’ll make a pretty button that you can add to your posts once I have a better idea of my design. It could be anything, really. Anything that you do on a Monday that is productive… so no excuses… got it? (If no one joins in then I’ll know that you are all way more spectacularly organized than me and never procrastinate on anything. Then, I’ll cry, and eat chocolate to feel better. It’s actually kind of a win-win either way. Yay!)
5. NEW! Amazon Shop! You may have noticed sometime in the last month or so that I’ve added a neat little widget thing on the sidebar that lists a bunch of books that I recommend. (Those are actually recommendations from me of books I love). More importantly though, it is a magical portal to the land of books at awesome prices. You can help me earn a few pennies (and I really do mean a few pennies) by simply clicking through from there any time you want to make a purchase on amazon. You don’t have to buy what I have listed – you can buy anything on the entire site, and as long as you get there by clicking on my widget then I earn a very small commission. So, the next time you are planning to make a purchase on amazon, I’d love it if you clicked through from here on my site. Thanks!
That is all. Thanks for tuning in!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming (up next: my recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Macaroons).