I said I’d never do it.
Take a picture of the test, that is. And then show it proudly to friends and family and strangers. Like, “Hey, look! Here’s a stick that I peed on!”
“Awesome”, they’d think. “And a little bit creepy”.
I was going to do some cute and clever way of sharing our exciting news, you know something creative and original, etc. But honestly y’all… I’ve already fallen to tired zombie-brain. My growing little alien is sucking the brain power out of me already and he/she is only like half an inch long. Yowzers.
So, here are the deets, for those who shall be asking:
* I’m like 5 wks ish. Due early June. Nope, I can’t keep a secret, and see no reason to do so this time around. So, we’re sharing early. Get over it.
* No, we’re not finding out the gender early.
* Yes, I already have a list of names. Please! I’ve had a list since I was like 8. Although, Darlene is not still on it (that’s what I named every single one of my dolls, after my friend’s aunt, which I thought was the prettiest name EVER).
* No, I’ve not been sick yet. Don’t hate me, but I don’t really get morning sickness. I will, however, shortly be starting the fall-asleep-in-your-supper stage, and that should be super-fun.
* Yes it was planned. Yeah, I know you’re all wondering. But even if it wasn’t, we’d still be just as thrilled. We enjoy the age difference between our first two, and wanted the same for the third.
* I’m already kind of “showing”. Don’t laugh. I think it’s mostly leftover baby flab from the previous two + a teeny bit of bloating from this little monkey. But seriously, I’m like as big as my best friends were like two weeks before giving birth. They were never HUMONGOUS WHALES like me when I’m in the last trimester. Thus, I’m telling you all now about the baby so that I can quit sucking it in. If a stranger asks though, I’m telling them I’m in my second trimester…
* We’re gonna be outnumbered…